Summer clothesline & View to the kitchen

 On this day I carried on my exploration of colours and values with two tiny studies.

The first one is Summer clothesline, featuring my the clothesline seen from my garden. I do love painting colour shapes that closely do not mean much but seen from a certain distance they create the image I was trying to portray.

Summer clothesline, oil study by Valentina Teghillo
185.
Summer clothesline
7 x 5 in / 17.7 x 12.6 cm
oil on canvas board
22nd June 2026



The second one, instead, was made with the leftover paint. I was in my living room looking towards the kitchen. Again the various abstract shapes of colours and hues together create the picture.

View to the kitchen, oil study by Valentina Teghillo
186.
View to the kitchen
7 x 5 in / 17.7 x 12.6 cm
oil on board
22nd June 2026



Penny Lane roses